DERMAPLANING: SHAVING YOUR FACE?
1. What Exactly Is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a beauty treatment that deeply exfoliates your face and removes your peach fuzz. Commonly done by beauticians and aestheticians, the treatment uses a scalpel to carefully scrape the skin removing the dead skins.
2. Is Dermaplaning Necessary?
Now while dermaplaning is something that might not be for everybody it is something that I would personally highly recommend. It can be done on pretty much all skin types and beats out the majority facials on the market. That being said if you suffer from skin damage or irritation I would always advise seeking guidance from somebody trained and
The act of scraping the face takes around 45 minutes and within this time you will experience some serious exfoliation. The
3. What Are The Benefits?
- Intense exfoliation that will remove up to 21 days worth of dead cells
- Removes peach fuzz (who doesn’t want to have a hairless face?)
- Brightens and evens out skin tone
- Removes the dull layers of the facial skin
- Allows skincare products to fully penetrate the skin leaving you with better results
- Makeup will apply smoother and appear more flawless
- Lasts up to eight weeks
4. Are There Any Side Effects?
Like with anything to do with your body, side effects will vary from person to person but overall there are no serious warnings against Dermaplanes.
After the treatment you will be warned that because you have had layers of your skin removed so your skin will be vulnerable. I was advised that for the next 6-8 weeks to wear a high SPF cream (I wear the Body Shop Skin Defense) and to try and avoid direct sunlight for the next fortnight.
After finishing the treatment I found that my skin was slightly red and sensitive but that was to be expected. Over the next couple of days, the redness quickly went away anyway.
I was also told to avoid any exfoliation for the next week but otherwise to continue with my skincare routine as usual and steer clear of makeup until the next day.
5. How Long Does It Take To See Results?
As previously mentioned, straight away there was slight redness and sensitivity but after I saw immediate effects. My skin was glowing and the tone was so much brighter than it was before. Since I stopped wearing makeup I really notice skin’s complexion and immediately after having a
6. Will The Hair Grow Back Thicker?
No! It’s a myth that having your face
7. Do You Have To Keep It Up & How Much Does It Cost?
From what I understand you do not need to keep up with
Dermaplaning is relatively pricy and will cost you anywhere between £45 – £100 depending on where you go. I had my dermaplane done at Beautiful Too and it actually cost me £45 for 45 minutes, so make sure you shop around and find the best deal with a qualified beautician.